Dec 21, 2006

Wow Christmas Will Soon Be Here

Wow! Christmas Will Soon Be Here!!

I got my tree and decorations galore today!! And when wife gets home from work, we'll do the lights and the decorations.... The tree should be interesting at my house this year, as it is the first Christmas that Marley has been with us. Out Marley today 7 weeks, she is a best small dog breed Chihuahua (Longhaired). She is very young and her need A LOT of attention and quiet times...and that very important. I think I'm finally in the spirit!! (I am finally mailing my Christmas cards tomorrow!!) Earlier than last year!!!

I have always been an avid animal lover for as long as I can remember. And as Animal lover, I cannot forget that although the holidays are a very exciting time for people, they can be very overwhelming and even dangerous for our pets. I love Christmas decorations, but many dogs and cats have been known to swallow decorations, cracker ornaments and tinsel threads. Don't imperil your pet during the holidays. Keep your pets secure and safe inside the home, choose decorations with caution, and explain to children why they shouldn't share their treats with pets. Turkey and other types of bones can be very dangerous choking hazards!! Keep holiday chocolates out of reach. It contains theobromine, which can be particularly toxic to pets. Make sure the christmas candles are in an area where pets cannot get to them and accidentally knock them over. Be careful with your fireplace as well, but if you intend to use your fireplace or wood-burning stove use a protective screen to prevent your pets from being singed. Make sure your tree is well-secured, tied to a banister or railing.If you are using a live tree, do not add chemical preservatives - it could be toxic if your pet drinks it.

With a little caution Christmas can be a safe and enjoyable holiday for everyone. Some very simple precautions can make this season safe and fun. Please be careful!!
Source: Askedweb information portal

0 comments: