Dec 24, 2006

I Love Christmas Trees And Christmas Lights

Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday ever. It's fantastic. I live for .Christmas! I've already started listening to Christmas music.
When we think about Christmas, the first thing that comes to our minds is a "Christmas tree" !! I love Christmas trees and Christmas lights. We have lights all over the outside of ours. I love outdoor lights.
Every year we buy a living Christmas tree in a pot. We don't like the idea of killing trees for Christmas. We water and fertilize it well and come spring we plant it outside or give it to friends as housewarming etc... living in Colorado we can plant it after new years generally but it lives fine in the house until it's able to be planted outside. I believe real and artificial trees both have advantages and disadvantages. Real trees are much prettier and much more attractive than artificial trees. Fake trees are the best because they save the environment. I think the best compromise is to get a live tree and then plant it after the holiday.
It is a chore for me to get the lights on Christmas tree, but when we comes to the ornaments and other decorations it is a walk down memory lane, I have things that go back to our childhood, places we've been and decorations that were made special for us we put on our tree each year. We haven't been able to part with all the nostalgia associated with all my decorations.
And very important !!!... As pet guardians (I have two adult dogs ( American Pit Bull Terrier and Puggle), and puppy Chihuahua (Longhaired)), we cannot forget that although the holidays are a very exciting time for people, they can be very overwhelming and even dangerous for our pets. Watch your pets!!! Puppies and kittens also need to be watched constantly. Ornaments, wires, lights, tinsel, and other holiday paraphernalia can be dangerous to a curious young pet.
I love christmas decorations and love going round seeing all the work people have done. It is lovely and festive. Oh look at those wonderful Christmas trees!

0 comments: